- M. Plantevit gave a tutorial on Preference-based Pattern Mining at BDA with B. Crémilleux (GREYC / Univ. Caen) and A. Soulet (LI, Univ. Tours)
- 11th November: Rémy will make a presentation at IXXI seminar day, with the title Who are crypto-currencies users and what do they use it for ? Exploring the bitcoin transaction network. at ENS de Lyon, site Monod (http://www.ixxi.fr/agenda/seminaires/journee-ixxi-a-lyon)
- 26-27 October: Web Blend Mix in Lyon, we present our works on Web data mining.
- 24th October: Our proposition on digital urban farming to the AAP FUI 24 has been selected!
- 24th October: Michael Mathioudakis presented his research field during a seminar team, entlited Polarization on Social Media
- 19th October: Presenting our research group at the Digital League
- 14th October: Alexandre Aussem gave twoo 20 minute talks at the Fête de la Science at Lyon 1 university on Correlation+causality=paradox.
- 12th October: L'équipe présente aux Rencontres Innovation Makers Alliance, rencontre organisée par INSAVALOR
- 11th October: Seminar on Causal inference and paradoxes at the institut de Recherche Technologique (IRT) SystemX in Palaiseau, by Alexandre Aussem.
- 10th October: our new associate professor, Rémy Cazabet, prenseted his research in a team seminar
- Our lab accepted our internal project on data mining techniques to attack mobility traces obfuscation algorithm: this means PhD student collaborations between DM2L and DRIM groups!
- 24th August: Aimene Belfodil presented his work on numerical pattern mining with convex polygons and formal concept analysis at IJCAI 2017
- Mathieu Virsolvy and Nicolas Chazeau finished their 4 months data anlytics internship in the team with nice results!
- 27th July: Ruggero Pensa, is talking on privacy awareness in OSN (DM2L seminar)
- 11th July: Van-Thin Tran defended his PhD thesis entitled Correction de biais de sélection par pondération d'importance en apprentissage supervisé
- Alexandre Aussem, Keynote speaker at the conference Mathematical Modelling in Engineering & Human Behaviors 2017, at Polytechnic Valencia, Spain entitled Bayesian networks and causal inference.
- Mehdi Kaytoue and Aimene Belfodil went 3 weeks in Belo Horizonte at the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG) to work with Loïc Cerf and Wagner Meira on a project FAP CNRS FAPEMIG.
- Welcome Vivien KRAUS (IMU) and Damine Mornieux (LIZEO) for their Master internship in the team!
- DM2L will organize the next meeting of the
SFC in Lyon, as well as
a special track at AFIA
- 13th March: Team seminar. Marta Soare presented her work on "Sequential Decision Making in Linear Bandit Setting" (NIPS 2014).
- New project financially supported by CNRS MASTODONS: DECADE, Découverte et exploitation des connaissances pour l’aide à la décision en chimie
- CNRS MASTODONS Meeting: Final review for the PEPS Fascifo project and mid term review for the MASTODONS Hyqual project
- 30th January: Team seminar. Charlotte Laclau, post doc @liglab team #AMA presented her work on "Diagonal latent block model for document classification"
- 19th Janyary: Team seminar. Zhi Cheng, PhD Stduent, Université de Nouvelle Calédonie, presented his work on "Extraction des évolutions récurrentes dans un unique graphe dynamique attribué" (EGC 2017)
- Exceptional Contextual Subgraph Mining published in Machine Learning Journal by M Kaytoue, M Plantevit, A Zimmermann, A Bendimerad and C Robardet
- G Bosc, M Kaytoue C. Raïssi and J.F. Boulicaut presented their work pattern mining with monte carlo tree search at the EGC2017 conference (nominated for the best paper award)
- 13th Janurary: Team PhD. Maxime Gasse defended his PhD Thesis entitled Apprentissage de structure de modèles graphiques probabilistes: application à la classification multi-label
- 09th Janurary: Team seminar. Maxime Gasse gave a "mock up" presentation of his PhD defense to the team
- Khalid Benabdeslem gave an invited talk on variable selection in semi-supervised settings at USTO university
- A Bendimerad, M Plantevit, C. Robardet presented a work entitled Unsupervised Exceptional Attributed Sub-graph Mining in Urban Data at the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2016)
- 10th December: Team Seminar. Hande Alemdar, post-doc à l'Université Grenoble Alpes, presented her work on "Ternary Neural Networks for Resource-Efficient AI Applications".
- HIREAU (2016-2019): a project financially suported by IMU
on semi-supervised learning for predicting dates of water facilities maintenance, led by K. Benabdeslem
- Industrial project (2016-2017) with the company Roxwhale on client mobility profiling, led by K. Benabdeslem
- 15 December: Raywat Makkongaew defended his PhD thesis on Features selection in semi-supervised settings
- 01 December: Welcome Cyril Bourgès for your 4 months ingeeneer position in the team (GRAISearch EU FP7 project)
- 26-28 October: Mini-symposium on instant data mining, interactive data mining, preference-based pattern mining (October 26-28, 2016).
Joint event with the Mastodons HyQual project and the PEPS Préfute (CNRS 2015-2016) in which DM2L is involved
- 03rd October: Team meeting.
- 30th sSeptember Team meeting
- 27 September: Olivier Cavadenti defended his PhD thesis entitled Contribution de la découverte de motifs
à l’analyse de collections de traces unitaires realized with the company ACTEMIUM
- 19-23 September: the team was strongly in the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML/PKDD 2016): one long paper was presented
(M. Gasse et. al), one tutorial (M. Plantevit et al.), two demos (G. Bosc et al. and T. Nguyen et al.) and 1 workshop (M. Kaytoue et al.)
- M. Gasse and A. Aussem presented their recent results on Identifying the irreducible disjoint factors of a multivariate probability distribution
(Int Conf on Probabilistic Graphical Models)
- 25 April: Seminar Automating Data Science by Pr. Alexandre Termier, Université de Rennes
- 04 April: Statistical learning of generative models for complex data analysis by Faicel Chamroukhi
- 14 March: Prévision d’un processus à valeurs fonctionnelles en présence de non stationnarités. Application à la consommation d’électricité by Jairo Cugliari (MCF Lyon2 / Eric)
- 07 March: Model-based clustering for non quantitative data by Julien Jacques, Professor at Lyon 2 University (Eric lab)
- 11 January: our young students will present their papers accepted at EGC 2016:
Découverte de labels dupliqués par l’exploration du treillis des classifieurs binaires by Quentin Labernia;
Une méthode de découverte de motifs contextualisés pour comprendre les traces de mobilité d’une personne by Aimene Belfodil;
Découverte de motifs intelligibles et caractéristiques d’anomalies dans les traces unitaires by Olivier Cavadenti
- 19 Octobre: Introduction aux méthodes ensemblistes by Anil Narassiguin
- 12 Octobre: Urban trafic prediction by Julien Salotti, presenting the last results of his PhD
- 05 Octobre: An Approach for Improving RDF Data with Formal Concept Analysis by Victor Codocedo (presenting his last work published at IJCAI 2015 before joining the team)
- 05 May 2015: Team meeting, presentation of an article recently accepted at ICML 2015 by Maxime Gasse entitled On the Optimality of Multi-Label Classification under Subset Zero-One Loss for Distributions Satisfying the Composition Property
- 27 April: Khalid Benabdeslem, invited speaker on semi-supervised learning at the ERIC, Lab.
- 01 April: Seif-Eddine Benkabou, joins the team to start the preparation of his PhD thesis! (CIFRE contract) on outlier detection in massive data
- 16 jan. 2015: Guillaume Bosc presented his paper, talk to be given at EGC 2015, entitled Vers la découverte de modèles exceptionnels locaux : des règles descriptives liant les molécules à leurs odeurs
- 08 jan. 2015: Julien Velcin, invited talk in our group on Opinion mining from social media with temporal clustering techniques.
- 10 dec. 2014: Mehdi Kaytoue, invited speaker on Knowledge discovery with formal concept analysis at the Journée
Charles Hermite Gestion de la connaissance à l'aide des méthodes formelles organized by the Université de Lorraine and the Fédération Charle Hermite (Nancy, France)
- 19 nov. 2014: Marc Plantevit, invited speaker on Mining Dynamic and Augmented Graphs at the Meet the industry day in biology, at the BioSyl lab (University of Lyon) (slides)
- 12 nov. 2014: Alexandre Aussem, invited speaker on Bayesian networks and causal inference at the Gipsa-lab.
- 27 october: Mehdi kaytoue is visiting for the week the compagny Tapastreet Ltd. in Dublin (FP7-PEOPLE-Graisearch project). He also gave a talk introducing pattern mining and the GRAISearch project at Trinity College Dublin.
- 15 October- 17 October 2014: Serge Fenet and Julien Salotti
participated in the GIS Urban Modelisation Symposium "Towards Integrated Modelling of Urban Systems". They both presented the preliminary work leading to the IMU-funded ASTRAL project, currently starting off. As a Phd student, Julien will work on this project for 3 years.
- 17 october: Team meeting
- Jean-Francois Boulicaut has been invited at the Dagstuhl Seminar entitled Constraints, Optimization and Data from October 5th 2014 until October 10th. He gave a talk on Constraint-based data mining: preliminary results on exploiting expert models. It is a cooperation with the PPME in Nouméa within the context of the MASTODONS Amadouer project funded by CNRS.
- Discovering links between molecules and odors, presented by Guillaume Bosc. Olfaction seminar in the context of a CNRS MI DEFISENS project with the CNRL
- Guillaume Bosc joins the team to start the preparation of their PhD thesis! (doctoral contract)
- Jérémy Sanhes defended his Ph.D thesis on September 25th 2014 in Nouméa. It is entitled Contribution à la fouille de données spatio-temporelles : application à l'étude de l'érosion. The Ph. D. committee involves Maguelonne Teisseire (IRSTEA, UMR TETIS, Montpellier), Alexandre Termier (IRISA, Université Rennes 1), Jérôme Azé (LIRMM, Montpellier), Henri Bonnel (Université de la Nouvelle Calédonie), Frédéric Flouvat (PPME, Université de la Nouvelle Calédonie), Florence Le Ber (ENGEES, Université de Strasbourg), and Nazha Selmaoui-Folcher (Université de la Nouvelle Calédonie). This is my second Ph. D. thesis prepared and defended thanks to a cooperation between UNC (Nouméa) and INSA de Lyon (see also the FOSTER ANR Project).
- Céline Robardet gave a tutorial on the Mining patterns in attributed dynamic graphs at the Resource-aware Machine Learning International Summer School in Dortmund, Germany
- Visit of Esther Galbrun, postdoctoral researcher at Boston University (MA, USA), working with Prof. Evimaria Terzi. She gave a LIRIS/DATASCIENCE seminar on Redescription Mining: Theory and Applications.
- Visit of Loïc Cerf, associate professor at the federal university of Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, Brazil). He gave two talks on his recent work Complete discovery of high-quality patterns in large numerical tensors (ICDE 2014) and A Lossless Data Reduction for Mining Constrained Patterns in n-ary Relations (ECML/PKDD 2014).
- Master 2 defense of Colin Thirard on Mining tools to analyse geophysical simulations. Internship founded by IMU, in collaboration with the Civil Engineering laboratory of INSA.
- Defense of Quentin Veyret after his last year internship at INSA. He made his internship at Tapastreet Ltd., one of our partner in the European project Graisearch
- Master 2 defense of Antoine Patel on Co-selecting instances-Features.
- Mehdi Kaytoue was invited for working three weeks at the MIT Media Lab with T.L. Taylor and P. Tan on video game analytics and live streaming analysis
- 15 July 2014: we invited Donato Malerba, Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", Bari, Italy, to give a lab seminar on Discovering trend clusters in sensor data streams
- Keziban Gunce Orman defended her Ph.D thesis on July 16th 2014 at INSA de Lyon. It is entitled Contribution to the interpretation of evolving communities in complex networks: Application to the study of social interactions. The Ph. D. committee involves Eric Gaussier (LIG, Grenoble), Jean-Loup Guillaume (LIP6, Paris 6), François Jacquenet (LaHC, Saint-Etienne), Vincent Labatut (Université Galatasaray, Istambul), Céline Rouveirol (LIPN, Paris 13), Maguelonne Teisseire (IRSTEA, UMR TETIS, Montpellier), and Emmanuel Viennet (LT2I, Université Paris 13). For the LIRIS research unit, it is the first Ph. D. thesis prepared in cooperation with University Galatasaray and defended in Lyon.
- Elise Desmier defended her Ph.D thesis on July 15th 2014 at INSA de Lyon. It is entitled Co-evolution pattern mining in dynamic attributed graphs. The Ph. D. committee involves Bruno Crémilleux (GREYC, Caen), Eric Gaussier (LIG, Grenoble), Donato Malerba (Bari, Italy), Marc Plantevit (LIRIS, Lyon), Pascal Poncelet (LIRMM, Montpellier), and Céline Rouveirol (LIPN, Paris 13).
- Khalid Benabdeslem defended his Habilitation thesis on June 20th 2014 at University of Lyon1. It is entitled Contributions en apprentissage semi-supervisé: Modélisation, Classification et Sélection. The committee involved Alexandre Aussem (LIRIS, University of Lyon1, F), Younès Bennani (LIPN, University of Paris 13, F), Patrick Gallinari (LIP6, University of Paris6, F), Yann Guermeur (LORIA, CNRS, F), Hamamache Kheddouci (LIRIS, University of Lyon1, F), Pascale Kuntz (LINA, University of Nantes, F) and Michel Verleysen (UCL, B).
- Master 2 defense of Pierre-Alain Roullet on Outlier-detection
- Master 2 defense of Guillaume Bosc on redescription mining. Guillaume will start a PhD in our team in October 2014.
- Master 2 defense of Roland Kotto Kombi on subgroup discovery. Roland will start a PhD in the LIRIS Database team in October 2014.
- 19 May 2014: visit of Wagner Meira Jr. from the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil INWeb - National Institute of Science and Technology for the Web. He gave a seminar LIRIS/DATASCIENCE seminar on Characterizing and understanding the dynamics of online social networks
- 13 May 2014: Alexandre Aussem, invited talk on Paradox and causality, workshop Regards croisés sur la causalité Institut Rhône-Alpin des Systèmes Complexes (IXXI)
- 16 April 2014: Alexandre Aussem, invited speaker on Learning gene regulation networks, workshop Des données RNASeq aux réseaux de régulation géniques organized by Réseau de Biologie Systémique de l'Université de Lyon.
- 10 March - 12 March 2014: Céline Robardet, Marc Plantevit, and Albrecht Zimmermann participated in the invitation-only SML workshop organized by the DTAI group of the KU Leuven. A. Zimmermann gave a presentation highlighting one of the research challenges of the GRAISearch project.
- Céline Robardet defended her Habilitation thesis on December 9th 2013 at INSA de Lyon. It is entitled Constraint-based pattern mining approaches for the analysis of relational attributed dynamic graphs. The committee involved Fosca Giannotti (CNR Pisa, I), Isabelle Guérin-Lassous (LIP, Université Lyon 1, F), Katharina Morik (Technical
University Dortmund, D), Marie-Christine Rousset (LIG, Université Grenoble 1, F), Céline Rouveirol (LIPN, Université Paris 13), and Christel Vrain (LIFO, Université d'Orléans, F).
- 2 Dec. 2013. Abdelouahid Alalga has been invited for 18 months for his PhD thesis co-supervised by Khalid Benabdeslem on Semi-supervised Multi-label Feature selection.
- 7 Nov. 2013 : visit of Dmitrii Ignatov, associate professor at the higher school of economics (HSE, Moscou, Russie) for a LIRIS/DATASCIENCE Seminar entitled Experimental comparison of some triclustering methods: What then?
- 23 Oct. 2013: LIRIS Data Science seminar on MDL for Pattern Mining by invited speaker Arno Siebes
- 20 Oct. 2013: Dmitry Ignatov joins the team as invited professor for one month.
- 18 oct. 2013: Christophe Rigotti, invited speaker on Mining satellite image time series and application to the monitoring of Mount Etna at the Workshop ForM@Ter MDIS Measuring deformations using satellite images, Autrans.
- 17 Oct. 2013: Alexandre Aussem, invited speaker on Baysian networks and applications to causal inference, organized by the Institut Rhône-Alpin des Systèmes Complexes (IXXI)
- 03 Oct 2013: Team meeting
- 01 Oct. 2013: Arno Siebes, professor at the University of Utrecht has been an invited professor at INSA de Lyon from October 2013 until early
December 2013. During his stay he has prepared and given various seminars related to a founded MDL perspective on data mining. His research seminars have been given not only in Lyon but also in Montpellier, Grenoble, and Saint-Etienne.
- 26 Jun. 2013. Khalid Benabdeslem, invited speaker on Semi-supervised Feature Selection at the SIMPA Lab, University of Oran
- 15 July 2013: Guillaume Bosc talk on Pattern discovery for real time game strategies (to be presented at MLSA@PKDD2013) and C. Yang on Urban mobility data mining
- 17 May 2013: Seminar from Gunce Orman entitled
- Community discovery in complex networks
- May 2013 : Alexandre Aussem, invited speaker on Baysian networks and applications at the INRIA team STEEP (Grenoble)
- 18 apr. 2013: Christophe Rigotti, invited speaker on FOSTER: Spatiotemporal data mining at the Meetings of Digital Technologies organized by the ARN at the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie, Paris.
- 18 March 2013: Seminar by Céline Robardet entitled Mining State ependencies Between Multiple Sensor Data Sources
- Professor Sergei O. Kuznetsov joins DM2L as invited professor for a 3 months stay. Sergei O. Kuznetsov, head of the school for Applied Mathematics and Information Science at the National Research University in Moscow (Higher School of Economics) has been an invited professor at INSA de Lyon in February and March 2013. Thanks to this stay, we have lauchned several new scientific cooperations between HSE and LIRIS. JF Boulicaut has been invited to visit HSE in Moscow at the end of March 2013, giving seminars (graph mining, inductive databases) but also an invited talk at the workshop FCAIR co-located with ECIR 2013. Dmitry I. Ignatov, associate professor at HSE has been visiting us in Lyon during one month in Fall 2013.
- 02. Mar. 2013. Hammam Chamsi joins the team to start the preparation of his PhD thesis on Semi-supervised learning from complex data
- Mohammed Hindawi defended his Ph.D thesis on February 21st 2013 at INSA de Lyon. It is entitled Feature Selection for Semi-Supervised Data
Analysis in Decisional Information Systems. The Ph. D. committee involved Alexandre Aussem (LIRIS, Lyon), Khalid Benabdeslem (LIRIS, Lyon), Younès Bennani (LIPN, Paris), Jean-François Boulicaut (LIRIS, Lyon), Yann Guermeur (CNRS, Nancy), Yves Lechevalier (INRIA, Paris) and Mohamed Nadif (LIPADE, Paris).
- 14 January 2013: Seminar from Yoann Pitarch entitled Multidimensional data stream analysis
- 07 January 2013: Seminar from Marc Plantevit entitle Mining Graph Topological Patterns: Finding Co-variations among Vertex Descriptors.
- 03 December 2012: Seminar from Jérémy Sanhes entitled "Extraction de chemins condensés dans des DAG attribués"
- 26 November 2012: national workshop on data mining (GDR3 I3) at INRIA/NGE Nancy.
- 19 November 2012: Seminar from Aurélien Bellet, PhD student at Hubert Curien lab (Université Jean Monnet de Saint-Etienne).
- 13 nov. 2012: Christophe Rigotti, invited speaker on Constraint-based mining of sets of dense and homogeneous subgraphs in attributed graphs - application to protein interaction networks at the IXXI Day - Rhône-Alpes complex systems institute, Grenoble.
- 12 November 2012: Meeting about DM2L involvement in AMADOUER/PETASKY (projets MASTODONS 2012).
- 05 November 2012: Seminar from Serge Fenet, ecosystem modeling
- 23 October 2012: Thi Kim Ngan Nguyen defended her Ph.D thesis on October 23th 2012 at INSA de Lyon. It is entitled Generalizing Association Rules in n-ary Relations: Application to Dynamic Graph Analysis. The Ph. D. committee involved Francesco Bonchi (Yahoo! Research Barcelona, ES), Tu Bao Ho (JAIST, Japan), Stéphane Lallich (Université Lyon 2, F), Dominique Laurent (Université de Cergy-Pontoise, F), and Marc Plantevit (Université Lyon 1, F).
- 22 October 2012: Seminar from Elise Desmier entitled Cohesive Co-evolution Patterns in Dynamic Attributed Graphs
- 15 October 2012: Seminar from Mehdi Kaytoue entitled Functional Dependencies and Pattern Structures
- 01 October 2012: Seminar from Maxime Gasse entitled An Experimental Comparison of Hybrid Algorithms for Bayesian Network Structure Learning
- 14 September 2012: Pierre-Nicolas Mougel defended his PhD entitled "Découverte de collections homogènes de sous-graphes denses par des méthodes de fouille de données sous contraintes".